Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Eve 2008

New Year's Eve
2008
Celebrating at the Scherden's
We all thought about going campin' for the New Year...but the rainy icky weather kept us from making solid plans...so we camped out at the Scherden's....
We all pitched in for pizza...brought a side dish to share...
I brought the "fat slab" dip...which consists of 4 small tubes of Jimmy dean sausage (crumbled and cooked)....4 cans of rotel....and 4 cartons of cream cheese....add it all to a crock pot..let it melt..than stir....and Voila...a very creamy...rich dip that will knock your socks off...very addicting...we eat it with tortilla corn chips...YUMMY!
The next morning...Liz made muffins which were awesome...and Em made stuff to make breakfast tacos...since she too is a fellow Texan...she definitely knew how to whip it all together...we come from a state that a (re-fried) Bean and Cheese breakfast taco is Dynamo! Beans for breakfast....you bet!
Okay...onward...

I started the evening off with a very "rotund" glass of red wine...guess which one is mine and which one is Em's...he he he...I say a small goldfish could live in my glass...;-)

We were the first ones to casa Scherden...we were the pizza picker-uppers...so once we got there we fed our hungry monkeys...Jackson and Kai sporting pizza mustaches...he he he

Jason lookin' daper and happy...;-)


Kent looking linen like...and mellow...





The girl shot...if we could just stop talking for a minute...he he he..
(Lo and sMarti)...we put the preggo's in the front row on the flo'...



Us...being girls...having a chatty time...catching up....Lo (Tom) and Mary(Allen) went to Thailand for Christmas...so we had lots to talk about!!



I see the above picture...and I have to grasp the fact I look so much like my dad...dark features...and with my "5" lb winter coat on...he he he...


Bunny #1 and Bunny #1 a ....(yeah..I can't be bunny #2) we are both winners...


The kids stayed upstairs and played and watched a movie...they did so well...not much arguing...they were excited to sleep over at Jackson's house...they went to bed at 9:15...*cringe*...but...they immediately went to sleep...we kept on telling them that they needed to show us how they behave at a sleep over if they want to do it again...they were GREAT and it helped they were SUPER tired!!




Peace sister!


The adults hung downstairs...drank some drinks and played some Wii...and chatted while listening to some tunes




Amanda and Em...doing the Wii thing...Mario Cart...concentratin'....



Mellow time...


Sportin' Sophias bow...and hangin' wit' Kenny and the bush behind him...he he he...;-)




Hmmm...I missed this conversation....but caught it on film...


Bunny #1 waiting for Bunny #1 (a ) to come sit outside with him by the fire....looking quite Marvelous!



The chimnea...has us all enthralled and warm!


How yooooo dooooin'?
Just wanted to let "you" know...
I hope you have a BRILLIANT 2009....YOU deserve it!


Allen looking sporty with his hat on...

The countdown....Japanese style...




Group pic #1....then realized that Amanda was cut off....

Do you see Kent's hand on Liz's boody?!
WHOA!!
(he he he it really is Shawn's hand.....butt Kenny had the same idea ;-))

Group pic #2....much better....
I wanted to post a video..but it wouldn't let me...I'll try again tonight...
Happy New Year, Folks!
TtothecleanslateG




1 comment:

Frizzy said...

Looks like such a good group of friends. We had a group like that in Italy too. Miss those times! You all are very blessed and what a way to start the New Year! Cin Cin!

Daisypathtickeranniversary

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Kento,Trit, Kai, Sophia