Easter melded with Spring Break week
Kai Kai and Soph both got to dye eggs 2 separate times and had 4 Easter egg hunts.....how the times have changed since the olden days of my childhood....
Michelle and James hosted a brunch to celebrate Michelle's birthday...and along with that...had activities for the kids to do...entailing...dyeing the eggs...and a Easter egg hunt....and mucho eating...you know when you go to a brunch...the dieting goes right out the flip flappin' window...
(I'm forever gonna be a curvy girl...and I'm kinda diggin' it...kinda...he he he)
We also had a dinner date at Sheila and John's snazzy house...inhaling fajitas and salsa mole'...potato salad...and I made Funfetti cupcakes...everything was delish...and we dyed eggs and had a hunt...and the kiddos played and played...watched a purty sunset...and we left....
Our church had their Fun run and Easter eggy find..along with tug-o-war...water gun fights...etc...(No pictures from that one...wah wah wah....I fo'got my camera...I know the horror! he he he)
Then finally...our friendy's...Shawn and Liz (ShLiz).....had Willow's birthday party/Easter egg hunt...providing...burgers and dogs...and a potato bar...chives..sour cream...real bacon bits...cheese..and homemade chili....YUMMO!
(Willow's actual birthday was on Easter)
They also had a Easter egg hunt....
Now for this one...for some reason...Kent casually mentioned we needed to get home after church before the party...and change...and I said, "Sounds like a GREAT idea!"...so we changed...so in some of the pic's...our kids look rumpled ...no bow...with their ghetto bag full of Easter eggs....he he he....I was mortified thinking that I had done something so out of character...but hey I've been stressed...so that is my excuse...;-)
So come on now...come take a look see...;o)
Don't worry...Liz got her money back...so Willow ended up with a free birf-day cake!
Opening up "the" gift...Liz had the gift giver's sit up with birf-day girl...a great idea...it kept the kids from crowding...I'm gonna start using that idea!! GREAT idea...J-Crew!!
At John and Sheila's....Soph...Kai and Erin...


Me and my LuLu
Michelle and James apt. building....
Lil' bug
Bro and sista'
Time to find some eggy's....full of chocolate!
Bebe-cakes
Who knows what they were pretending it to be...he he he
My lil' model...




Okay...now....
The Easter bunny NEVER gives mommy or daddy anything...but this year...The sweet ol' hairy bunny gave mama two gifts....I have been searching HIGH and low for the right purse...threatening Kent that I was gonna pay HIGH dollar for a GREAT leather purse...that will last me 2-3 years....and when I express that to him...you can hear his knees knockin'....he he he....some of you know that I've been sorting through stuff personally...so the Easter bunny really wanted to cheer Mommy up...so he found his way to the BX and stumbled upon 2 GREAT deals...
He bought me two purses...both were 50% off....then another 50% off....
These are Fossil purses...which I really didn't know they started making pricey purses until recently...but I can NEVER bring myself to buy such a luxury item...back in the day when I was working...and we didn't have kids...then yes...but nowadays.....it's hard to justify...
So I was so shocked and elated when KENTO...um...I mean the hairy ol' Easter bunny hand delivered these two purses to me....
I ooooh'ed and ahhhhhh'ed....and hugged....and felt up my purses....
The next day I was driving...and I said while Sophia was in the car..."I sure do like the purses that daddy gave me!" and she said, "Daddy didn't give those to you...the Easter bunny did...silly!"...and not another word came out of my mouth...but a huge GRIN and an inner chuckle...sure did make me giddy!!






No comments:
Post a Comment