Steak...Stocking's...and Cookies...
A Christmas eve tradition!
Way back in the day... when Kent and I first got married and we were Stateside....we started a tradition on Christmas eve...which included my mom and sister....and some steaks!
Every year like clock work...we feed the kids their dinner...this year it was CoCo's Curry...and if you have EVER been to Okinawa and if you like Curry...this is the place to go...OMG....the spice level ranges from 1-20...."mild" to "hot as hell"...but it all is mighty good!
Well, both Kai and Sophia have been pretty much raised on Curry...(I only learned of Curry when I got to the "Rock" but soon realized how magnificent it is!!)
But my kids also eat hummus...cottage cheese and salad.....;-)...and everyone knows Kai is a healthy eater...and Sophia is a healthy "sweet" eater...he he he....
Anyhoo we picked up Curry on the way home from our massage...and they ate it up!
I'm being a bit hokey and I've written a poem/jingle/silly song....still high on the Christmas Spirit!
*
***
****
*******
*********
***********
So with curry and a couple of cookies in the belly...teeth brushed...and tucked in bed....
and us feeling silly...
We spring to our feet
with just a hint of a clatter
marinating steaks right upon a platter...
potato a'baking
and we be a faking....pretending to be Santa all jolly and fat
we eat and we eat while we wrap and we wrap
with the paper a flyin' the prezzy's we done buying...
listening for our babes upstairs just a sleepin'
not a mouse nor habu..but just Foster a' creepin'
we gaze and we chat and we drink from a paper sack...*hiccup* (j/k)
Santa (aka Kent-0) and his elf (that's me) is giddy with glee
Not a Santa in sight ...not one that we see...
So we dash up to bed...
busy bee's that we be...
drifitng...sleepy..
TKtodaG
The End!
(Hey when you don't have a fire place...you use the stairs...hehehehe...;-))
The tree all a'glow...
I didn't know that Santa liked Japanese beer...Orion...but hey beer is universal!
We just finished our Christmas day....
So Merry Christmas to all of you who just finished celebrating Christmas day...or just starting!
TtotheVERYfullandsleepyG
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!
I'll blog Christmas morning and Christmas day tomorrow....maybe...;-)






No comments:
Post a Comment