Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas decorations...."my"collection of Fat Boys...and panoramic view of our downstairs....

Christmas Tree Decorating 2008

So, yes, we are one of the many families who have a fake artificial tree...all the years growing up...every year I would hear my sister insist upon...actually beg for a real tree...every year this tantrum would take place like clock work...and every year...we would drag out our fake artificial tree...and decorate it...and our Ju-Ju-Bee with her lip on the flo' and me with a wide festive grin would decorate....I was happy to decorate anything...fake or real...and today...I still have the festive Christmas spirit decorating our $1.00... fake...Charlie Brown tree...yes...this lil' sparsely filled tree was a $1.00.....and it even came with lights, folks....how did we stumble on such a deal you ask?! Once upon a couple of Christmas' ago...the shipment of trees that were sent to Okinawa...was infected with a worm infestation....so they destroyed all the trees...and by the time they did that and ordered a "gross" amount of fake trees to make up for the infestation...they arrived to the BX/PX's...but the timing couldn't have been worse...it was Mid-February...and who wants to buy a tree then...he he he...so our frugal Daddy-san...was in shock and disbelief...but quickly came to his senses...bought one...actually two...we bought one for our AWESOME pal Angelica (Angie)...so we actually spent $2.00....don't you just love a bargain...so..alas...that is why we have such a Poor but Exquisitely inexpensive tree...
I LOVE Christmas...it brings so much HOPE and JOY...and I'll take all that I can get!

Daddy set it all up...I put the flowers on it and some wooden decorations...then I let the kids go crazy...and I always inwardly cringe...b/c I'm a spacial person...things need to be balanced...the ying....the yang...the "Chi" needs to flow...but every year...I watch with a VERY BIG but tight smile..while the kiddos attack the tree with much decorating fervor! ;-)
The kids were constantly asking when we would be decorating...they both were like a broken record...ova' and ova'..
(excuse the brown table box in the background...eye-sore!)

some of our Heartwood Creek ornaments...



close up...with lil' bugs finga's


Some sassy girly ornaments...hmmm I guess the red purse broke...cause I couldn't find it...




These remind me of my days in College...my sorority's flower was the daisy...;-)



My lil' drummer boy ornament's head was missing....and Kai cracking me up...he he he...they were miniatures he said...he was a bit sad that it broke...and so was I...but we got over it...laughing at the picture above...he he he
Can you say, "Close-up!"




I had the kids pick one ornament at a time and make a pile...and they could place them where ever they wanted.....with just a tad bit of supervision from me....I just made sure they didn't clump them all in one area....I know...I should shut my pie-hole! ;-)



Workin' it like lil' elves!


Priceless...;-)




Kai has baby Jesus'...daddy... *smile*




Still going at it....





My Duck Santa's...one of them had a accident...we had a jumper....he he he...actually Foster gets so riled up when Kai and daddy get home...that he flew down the stairs...and his tail "pushed" the duck and his lil' webbed foot broke off....thank goodness for super-glue!

My lil' posers...




Our stockings




This "Fat Boy" was one of my Santa purchases this year...my Chinese Santa...with some wooden Kokeshi dolls that Mimi gave Kai...Soph...and the taller one to me...





My Japanese "Fatty"...with some Kokeshi dolls that sMarti...my homegirl gave me last year...the one on the left is a music kokeshi girl....with a round Santa Kokeshi...(Mimi's gift to us)...and Mary kokeshi doll...




This is a lil choo choo..that Mimi and Papa picked up from Italy a couple of years ago...it of course was played with A LOT...and Kai had to join the pieces together with his number one fix it all...scotch tape....don't leave home without it...hehehe




Our tree finally decorated....I was taking pic's of the Santa's while they finished up decorating...


Hi-yaw...success....





The end product...with gifts underneath...already...Thank You...MIMI and PAPA~!




Okay...onward...on to my "Ho Ho's"..





Can you spot the lone snowman?!



Daddy purchased this one for me...I was excited to have him...
Welcome home "pudgy"!



The tassels are real...and the faux leather bag is pretty cool...something that Kent-o would sport!
Yes...the bells actually *tinkle* tinkle*


This one is called, "Yuletide Traveler"



Making his debut...*wink* if you think I'm silly! ;-)


Voila!...my collection....





Kai knows and Sophia has learned how special these are to me...b/c Kai wanted to help bring out my lil' Fluffie's from hibernation...he counted them...helped take them out of the boxes...and of course I had to make two piles....so they both could open the same amount of "red coats"...
This will probably be a tradition...fetching the Santa's out...before Thanksgiving...while I was doing this chore...Kent was in the kitchen making Pilgrim hats with the kids...they took turns...pilgrim hat...then race off to Santa duty...tandem..keeping them on their toes...



Panoramic view of downstairs...

Setting up for our "Annual Gingerbread Decorating Party".....the supplies on the couch...ready for me to set up the table outside...but waiting for daddy to finish putting the tarp down outside..

(I'm turning...)
(turning)

(still turning)
(turning)
our kitchen is directly on the other side of the kitchen table
(still turning...almost done...)
We watched...The Happy Elf...with Harry Connick Jr.....I LOVE IT!


(wait...almost done turning)
We let Kai and Sophia post their drawings...colorings... randomly on the walls...it makes them happy...and feel special...so we go through A LOT of scotch tape...esp...when Kai has a project to fix or a table to decorate...;-)

(done turning)
Our backyard...the kids are helping daddy set up for our Gingerbread party!
Do you see where Kai planted his pumpkin seeds from our Halloween pumpkin?!
They are actually sprouting...and Kai couldn't be happier...he he he...they save every seed imagineable and they actually plant them.....orange seeds...apple seeds...tomato seeds...and yesterday Sophia ate grapes with seeds in them..and saved a bowl full of seeds for Kai...well mama was cleaning the kitchen...and out went the seeds into the trash to Sophia's dismay....so today...round two of the grapes and the seeds...and Sophia was quick to let me know she was saving the seeds for her brudda'...and he was very thankful...the lil' farmer...;-)
Gotta love kidz they do make me chuckle more times than not!
Have a GREAT day/night!
(Oh...sidebar...I will post Kent's Christmas party and then pictures of the actual gingerbread decorating parties...prolly this weekend/early next week)
TtothefestiveG

2 comments:

Frizzy said...

Your home and decorations are beautiful! You have a great eye and touch. I of course noticed the cross that I've seen in soo many TX homes. I love them too.

Unknown said...

I love all your christmas decorations. I love your collections. Great Job. Merry Christmas.

Daisypathtickeranniversary

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Kento,Trit, Kai, Sophia