Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Kai and his first basketball practice...I'm thrilled that he is playing "my" sport! ;-)

Kai went to his "first" official basketball practice last Tuesday!
I say "first" and official...b/c the days we go see daddy...on half days or teacher work days...I have used those times to grab a basketball and shoot some hoops with Kai and Soph...sprinting...jumping...dribbling...shooting...laughing...playing with mama...and mama "letting" them actually have some ball time...he he he..
And then they are off to doing something else..but the brief moments of basketball glory has payed off a bit for Kai...he seems pretty comfortable with the basketball....but you know...he is a beginner...so he does dribble off the foot...lose control of the ball and his body...he he he...and still travels A LOT...but it really was neat to see "my" (our) son play the sport that I LOVED to play from grade school through high school and a lil' in college!
Vive' La Basketball...*sigh*


Kai dribbling like a 5 almost 6 year old...;-)

Just a struttin'....and dribblin'

" I'm preparing to school my peers1".....just watch...
Bending his knees...holding the ball in one palm......


Sweet release of the round...orange...rawhide...



Sww-iiiii-sshh....and the *crowd goes wild!
*mommy/daddy/sophia



Showing his skills...
(still needs to control the ball....shouldn't bounce higher than the waist..and eyes up....he he he...the things he'll learn...;-))



Sophia watching Kai...itching to join.... Kai who seems to FLOCK to the girls...
(like daddy like son!)





Speaking of Soph...guess who wrapped her lil' red lips around mama's straw and took a BIG slurp of her iced latte....brave lil' girl...BRAVE lil' girl....*grin*



Such girly innocence...sweet girl...left the house without her bow...the shock..I know!



Kai lookin' on...and mama has the joy to look over his shoulder...at his promising basketball
pee-wee career...Yay..I'm PUMPED! ;-)
His first game is in a couple of weekends....*weeeeeeee!*

No comments:

Daisypathtickeranniversary

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Kento,Trit, Kai, Sophia